2023 Alamance Artisans Art Extravaganza
The Alamance Artisans Art Extravaganza is a collaborative event made possible through the cooperation of participating artists and the support of volunteers, local businesses, and other organizations. The 2023 Extravaganza is October 28–29 at The Inn at Elon, 605 N O’Kelley Ave., Elon, NC. Exhibit spaces (booths) measuring 10×10 ft. are available for a limited number of artists on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note the Deadlines and Dates.
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS IS MAY 1, 2023. THE FEE FOR BOOTH SPACE IS $160.
Note: Your current paid membership in Alamance Artisans (AAG) must be confirmed before your application for the Alamance Artisans Art Extravaganza will be accepted. If you are not a member, you may join now by completing the application on the Join AAG page at alamanceartisans.com. If you are a member, be sure your dues are paid for the current year.
Deadlines and Dates
- May 11 | 6:30pm | Mandatory Informational Meeting at Captain White House.
Artists are required to attend.
- May 24 | Deadline for securing Patrons
- August 15 | At Pot Luck | Pick up brochures & receive final information at Captain White House.
- Oct 27 | TBA pm | Artists set up at The Inn at Elon.
Raffle items must be delivered. Hours must be strictly adhered to.
- Oct 28 | 10am–5pm | Day 1 of Art Extravaganza
- Oct 29 | 12 noon–5pm | Day 2 of Art Extravaganza. All items must be removed by 7pm.
- Oct 29 | 10pm | Survey opens.
- Nov 5 | 8pm | Survey closes.
- TBA | TBA pm | Wrap-up party & meeting at TBA
Each artist is required to furnish 1 piece of art for the Raffle held during the show.
The piece you choose should be representative of your best work.
Raffle items must be delivered Friday, October 27, during setup hours.
NOTE: You must complete the image information in the application.
Participants must submit 3 images of their artwork to be included in marketing materials and on the Art Extravaganza page of the Alamance Artisans website. We can only accept high-resolution, printable graphics. We cannot accept low-resolution web graphics.
- 300 dpi resolution
- 5 inches (1,500 pixels) minimum on the longest side. Anything less cannot be used.
The photos you submit must have a filename that includes your name, the image number (1, 2, or 3), the file extension “.jpg”, and must be formatted all lowercase such as: firstname_lastname_imagenumber.jpg (example: jane_smith_1.jpg).
All submissions must be images you would be happy to see published. Image 1 should be your number 1 choice of what you would like to see in printed marketing material and on the Art Extravaganza page on the website. Submit images of 3 different pieces of your best work.
- Images must be in color.
- Images must be jpg format.
- At least 1 image must be square.
- Do not submit multiple images of the same work.
We cannot accept:
- Images with text or a logo
- Images made as a collage of multiple images
- Poor-quality images
- Images with a busy background
- Images from the internet
If you have difficulty with your images, please contact Anita Vigorito at 336 207-1613.
Note that your application will not be considered complete until your images are received.
Proofreading the Brochure
Each participating artist will be sent via email the completed version of their information and photo as it will appear in the brochure. You are responsible for proofing the information and notifying the brochure contact person of any corrections by the required date. The contact person and the deadline will be stated in the email. If you do not respond by that date, it will be assumed that no changes are necessary, and the material will go to print as is.
It is your responsibility to be sure that all information about you and your art is correct.